Saturday, April 12, 2008

Yesterday started out to be a very interesting day...snow in April? That just can't be....but yes it did snow for several hours and left a good bit of snow on the ground...the nice wet soft fluffy stuff that just entices one to make snowballs ;) Well, about midday the snow had stopped falling and had started melting...so my illusions of snowballs and snowmen were quickly fading away...as leave the office at 4:15 and head for my car I start hearing....whoosh..shlosh...all around me...but I look around and there's not a soul in sight...then I turn and see one of my coworkers hunkered behind an electrical box (he can't hide he's like 6'7 and looks like a linebacker) we'd agreed to a snowball fight but I had to finish some things up and didn't think he was still around...anyway needless to say we got in a few missles...which I missed pathetically and he's a pretty big target so as I reach down to get more ammo....boosh! right upside the head! Hair drenched, neck freezing where tiny bits of snowball remained I head home....with the biggest smile I've had on my face all week...

We took the kids out to Denny's for dinner...since the snow had mostly melted and the wind was kicking up too much for a ride on the "wheeeler" (as Jaiden calls it) ...it was a nice quiet evening...the kids got cool rocket cups with their happy meals and we enjoyed our outing...the meal was another story...it was ok but not great and I could have done better at home...I would like to find a restaurant that serves home cooked meals without spending a fortune in the process....I miss Cracker Barrel...and Sonic... it's not a home cooked meal but its sooo good and was always our families favorite treat

Today is unbelievably gorgeous! The sun is shining and the temps are in the low 50s....if it weren't for the wind blowing out of the north...it would be...almost springlike!

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

prechrswife said...

Sounds like a fun day, at least. :-) Sometimes the best part about eating out is just not having to do the preparation or clean-up.

rgshrs said...

sounds like a fun snow day at least! and a nice spring day after.. awesome.. hope many more of those warmer days are in your future!!!

Melissa in Mel's World said...

That sounds like it would be a ton of fun!!! I was smiling right along with you Kim!!!