Friday, April 11, 2008

Snow Day

This photo was taken on our drive through South Dakota...coming home...the drive was like this for the entire state...soon as we crossed the state line it was clear again...I thought this would be the last snow we saw this year....


Today we wake to softly falling snow...there was about 2 inches on the ground...Chloe (our Boston terrier) was buried up to her knees when I let her out to do her business...its beautiful...but its also APRIL...I am thinking of calling an unofficial snow day and letting the kids stay home...its been a LONG winter and this area never has snow days...nor do they clear the roads...so we are faced with driving in it if we do go out...

4 comments:

Steffie B. said...

I know...the weather is depressing...I have spring fever so bad! I'm ready to start planting, palying outside...boating...UGH!

Hope you have a great day!

prechrswife said...

Brrr...shiver...I wish I could magically transport you down here for a visit.

rgshrs said...

weather is definitely depressing, hope it didn't get you too down, if they hadn't called any snow days at school I agree I would have been tempted to call my own! :)

Melissa in Mel's World said...

Holy smokes...it is so hard to imagine snow in April when we are getting record HEAT today in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale (it's going up to 90 today).

Love your blog, it is so warm, inviting, and relaxing!