Sunday, April 13, 2008

SUNday :)

Today is such a gorgeous day!!! We've been outside with NO JACKET most of the day today, it's been so awesome just to feel the warmth again. My guinie pig tomatoes survived the night in the greenhouse so we adjusted the site of the greenhouse a bit - moved it to a sunnier location and then I've moved the entire motherload outside...talk about TRUST...I've sent all my babies into the big bad outdoors...will they make it? Stay tuned to see...its supposed to be a mild week...but the temps dipped below freezing last night so maybe I'm just a bit doubtful...we are heating the greenhouse just to be on the safe side but I forgot the one really important step of transitioning them...hardening them off...oops! They've been in a 70+ degree house since they were born...er seeded and then I put them out in the coooold drafty greenhouse overnight when the temps were sooo cold...I'm a bad mommy gardener!

On our way to Menards today we "ran into" our neighbors so we had a nice lunch together at Perkins...it was so much better than our trip to Denny's the other night...the food was so much more fullfilling...I finally got my blueberry pancakes that I've been craving for weeks...and after lunch we went to Lowe's and I got two blueberry bushes...so I have high hopes of making my very own home grown blueberry pancakes someday :) My greenhouse is looking pretty and "green" already! I just hope it can stay that way...I've never been very good at growing things...this has been a learning experience...although by default I think I should have inherited some of my Mom and Dad's green thumb...maybe I'm not a forest green yet...more like celery but I am "growing" in knowledge and faith as I learn more about these Northern conditions...way outside of my "growing zone" ....or comfort zone too for that matter. I miss figs...we had a nice fig tree in our backyard when I was a young girl that I had a treehouse in...I would climb up into my "nest" and eat figs and just comtemplate life...it was glorious...just sitting there surrounded by the green leaves and quite hidden from the world...just me and God...me dreaming the big dreams of going places and seeing new things...God planting seeds in my heart that all I really needed was that quiet place and to just listen for a while...being in a garden is very refreshing to me...It reminds me to slow down...and just listen

4 comments:

prechrswife said...

I'm so glad you finally got some good weather! I hope it sticks around for awhile. I hope your plants do well. I have absolutely no advice on that--I'm hopeless with plants.

Steffie B. said...

How nice to enjoy the weather...it is suppose to get nicer here as the week goes along....have a fabulous week! ;)

rgshrs said...

love that your quiet place was in a tree, mine was by the stream, have no idea what I did in the winter time when it was iced over, of course it was moving water so it didn't get completely iced maybe that's it. good luck with the greenhouse, I'm out of my element there!

leo said...

i cant even maintain a cactus to save my life. i once had a money plant which only needs water on my desk at the office. end up the tea lady had to water it for me all the time bcos somehow it always slipped my mind. when the kind woman left, so does my plant -cease living. i'm hopeless with plants. goodluck with your greenhouse project.