Thursday, April 3, 2008

150 Random Thoughts

150 Things

1. I was born under the sign of the Crab in the year of the Boar
2. I hope I am not a bore but I am very often a crab
3. My name is Kimberly but I think that its to girly for me
4. I like the name Kim but I always wanted to change it to Kelly
5. I was named after Lucy's daughter
6. I Love Lucy...I really do
7. I've always been a very quiet person
8. writing has always been my outlet
9. I am the only daughter in a family of 3 older brothers
10. My oldest brother was killed in a motorcycle accident
11. He was only days away from turning 19
12. I was only 3 but I remember he used to scoop me up and throw me into the air
13. I've always loved to fly
14. I'm kinda afraid of heights though
15. I prefer to have my feet on something solid
16. I've always wanted to hang glide
17. and travel to Italy
18. just to watch a Tuscan sunset
19. I love God with all my heart
20. sometimes I wonder if He is angry at me
21. I wonder why my dreams have become my distant reality
22. I always wanted to marry a cowboy
23. and have a dozen children
24. a houseful of animals
25. I love chaos and muss
26. painting is also an outlet
27. I am a daydreamer and a romantic
28. sunsets make me cry
29. just the thought of the day coming to a close
30. makes me wonder if I've accomplished all that I could have
31. I work in an office
32. I really hate to be indoors
33. outside in the warm sunshine with my bare feet in the dirt is my favorite place in the world
34. I will turn 37 on July 6th
35. being in my 30s has made me do a lot of thinking about my life...
36. being 36 has not been all bad
37. I'm learning to appreciate my life more
38. I am a good friend
39. although its hard for me to really open up, I like to listen
40. once a friend, always a friend
41. last week I saw my best friend again after 20 years apart
42. it was almost like we'd never been apart
43. except i live 1400 miles away
44. I used to walk 3.5 miles down a country road to get to her house and then we would walk back together to my house
45. unless her brother drove us
46. I had a huge crush on her brother
47. I never spoke a word to him, I was always too tongue tied in his presence
48. I am not a morning person
49. I've got the greatest kids in the world
50. My husband is my best friend
51. we've got totally opposite personalities
52. sometimes I wonder why we are together and how we've been so happy for over 15 years
53. love doesn't always make sense
54. He is not a cowboy, and hadn't ever been on a horse until he met me
55. the first present he bought me was a Breyer horse
56. He stole my heart the moment I laid eyes on him
57. we've been together ever since
58. the greatest part of being in love is being loved in return
59. even when you drive each other crazy
60. sometimes its annoying when he cleans up behind me
61. sometimes I like to make messes
62. just to annoy him
63. sometimes I wish he would just accept me for who I am
64. I would love to have a cat
65. but instead we have one dog
66. I do like dogs just fine, but I love cats
67. I had a persian cat named Baxter
68. He was my baby and loved to lay in my arms like a child
69. he died on March 14, 1997...
70. I let him outside and the neighbors dogs attacked him in our yard
71. I found him just inches from where he could have been safe... torn to bits
72. I've never forgiven myself for letting him out
73. I miss him so much
74. March 14 is my stepdaughter Sarah's birthday
75. I have 2 stepchildren
76. I am their wicked stepmother
77. ...they do not like me at all
78. I do not get along well with my inlaws
79. I do not like the smell of cigarette smoke
80. My stepdad died from lung cancer when I was 9
81. my father in law died of lung cancer last year
82. I love to laugh
83. I haven't laughed in a long time the way I did when I was home with my family
84. I think I have some serious issues
85. I need to pray more and worry less
86. I know things happen according to the Master's plan
87. someday I'll know why my dreams are still dreams
88. sometimes I wonder what it would be like to join a gypsy train and travel the world
89. I'd love to travel the world with just a napsak
90. I think I would have been a flower child if I'd been born in the 60s
91. I love to garden
92. growing things makes me feel closer to God
93. I feel His touch when I sit in the sunlight
94. I am thankful that I am free to believe
95. I am proud of my country but dislike politicians and media
96. I think W is a good man
97. I wish we could all get along better as a nation
98. political mudslinging makes me sick
99. we need a good man with morals to lead our country
100. there are very few of them to be found in political circles
101. we need to pray for the ones that are
102. they need our prayers
103. our friends need our prayers
104. I wish I could be a better friendf
105. I wish I could be a better mother and wife
106. sometimes I think I am doing alright
107. other times I need to hear it
108. sometimes I like to be surrounded by friends
109. I think that I must be pretty lame
110. because when I am with friends I usually do not say a thing
111. I love to shop
112. chocolate is my favorite food
113. my new favorite drink is white chocolate caramel cappuchino
114. I found it in a truck stop and now I don't know if I'll ever find it again...
115. that was the one highlight to my drive through South Dakota
116. in a blizzard
117. reminds me of Paris
118. I drove home in a blizzard
119. we spent about one hour in Disneyland
120. the only thing we got to see was the Lion King Show...came out and couldn't see for the snow so we decided to call it a done deal and head home...8 hours later made it home...next day NO Snow!
121. I really do not have a fondness for snow
122. I love warm weather
123. I'd rather be hot than cold
124. I love Red Hots
125. Cinnamon is one of my favorite flavors and smells
126. the smell of peaches makes me think of home
127. my mother is always canning something
128. she taught me to love growing things
129. my mom is a strong and virile woman
130. but she is wearing out before her time
130. she is 74
131. in my eyes she will never grow old
132. she has fought many battles and survived
133. She is a 5 year survivor of breast cancer
134. She has fed, clothed and sheltered many lost sheep
135. My mom is my hero
136. I never thought I'd ever want to be like her
137. I wanted to be an orphan as a child
138. my dream of adoption began when I first watched orphan Annie
139. my mom and dad divorced when I was 8
140. I said I would never put my childen through that and then I met someone with an ex wife and two children...
141. love overcomes all obstacles
142. love is patient - even when we are not
143. love is kind and it can heal our inner wounds
144. even those we inflict upon ourselves
145. forgiveness is a wonderful gift
146. wisdom is priceless
147. I would rather die happy than rich
148. I do not like to be alone but sometimes I feel alone in a crowd
149. I wish my friends would talk to me more
150. I need to find inner peace, I will try to pray more to become a better person

5 comments:

rgshrs said...

I think you need to pray to find peace with the person you ARE. You ARE a good friend, a good wife and a great mother! Of course we all strive for self improvement but don't beat yourself up over it either.
hugs my friend!

leo said...

i share too many same thots as in your list here but you r able to put it -sweet and concise. almost effortlessly. thanks for sharing. peace.

Jonathan and Michelle said...

I understand and have many of the same struggles.

Anonymous said...

You're not alone!!! I, too, have so many of the same things running through my head! I had something very deep to say about so many of your comments until I got to #134 - your mom clothed sheep? Your mom sounds like an amazing woman!!! (in all seriousness)

Nicole said...

I wanted to marry a cowboy too - so glad I didn't!! (Ryan is my bestfriend).