Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Cut from the same cloth?

Today was my first day back at work...I expected my plants to be all brown and withered but they were alive! I saw green when I walked in the door :) then I turned the corner of my desk and saw the pile of paper on my desk...uGH! a weeks worth of work to catch up on and my boss standing right there to give me even more...oh well, I pasted on a smile and faced the day as bravely as I could.

Jaiden is still not feeling her normal totally perky self today so Hubs took her into the doctor - he didn't give her anything but sent home collection containers for stool samples...ugh! Whatever it is surely will work its way through her system before we have to do that and make the trip back to the doctor to have them tell us that it needs to work itself through her system....no I am not a big fan of going to the doctor and usually research a symptom to death before I set foot into a clinic. Not a fav place in my book...

Anyway, the day was busy but SUNNY and it got to the 50s today!!! YAY! I don't know why but when I got home I got into a nasty funk. Guess cause no matter how nice it LOOKED outside it still was COLD...when I walked over to pick Jaiden up from Ms M's the ground was all squishy from the snow meltage...ug My tomato plants have grown beyond their space and need to be planted in the ground or set outside...I just don't have room enough for all of them indoors but I don't know what to do with them. Any ideas? To excape the funk I went for a walk in wally world and wound up purchasing some daffodil bulbs which I am going to try to force in a pot...I have never tried this - anyone know how to get bulbs to flower inside?

Funny but weird story...for the past MONTH (minus the week that I was on my trip) I have been wearing the same exact color as one of my coworkers...we sat beside each other at a staff meeting last month and noticed it for the first time...our shirts were made of the same cloth! Different color but same cloth and pattern (stripes) ...then EVERY SINGLE DAY thereafter this person has worn the same color that I have! I even wore pink one day knowing that this person (an older gentleman) would NEVER wear pink - HE WORE PINK!!! Today, my first day of work back in a week I chose a GOLD shirt - not something that I would normally wear - it has a beige vest over it and wouldn't you know it...my coworker was wearing a beige shirt today!!! We are pals so we get a good laugh about it but if I didn't know he was a really nice person I would be totally creeped out by now. We have become the office entertainment....Now I wonder what he will be wearing tommorow...? This gentleman is also a Louisiana native...which makes me wonder if maybe we are not related somehow???

1 comment:

prechrswife said...

That is too funny about you and the co-worker. When I was student teaching, one of my supervising teachers and I kept dressing alike like that. It got to be pretty amusing. :-)

Hope Miss Jaiden is feeling better...