Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Rambles of the day


Today I woke in a very crabby mood...I am finding it hard to get motivated...I think I need to find a new job...I work in a small enclosure and I feel trapped by paperwork...endless paperwork...day after day after day...the same paperwork...bills...budget...time and attendance...travel requests...I sit here on my bum and take care of paperwork...I would much rather be taking care of real people...I dislike paperwork...I dislike numbers...I dislike sitting in one place for too long...I need to move around...interact with PEOPLE...feel like I am accomplishing something...these pieces of paper do not talk to me...or tell me if I am doing a good job...the work gets done...I suppose it gets done correctly since nobody stops by to tell me otherwise...people pass by...people say hello...people move on to do the things they do...I plug on...more paperwork to do...the old saying comes to mind...you made your bed now you have to lie in it...it was my idea to come here...to be closer to my husbands family...it was me who accepted this job at the beginning of summer...I put myself into this box...it is I who must find a way to make the best of it...but why do I feel like I am spinning in a cirlce but getting nowhere?

5 comments:

prechrswife said...

Sorry you're having a rough day. Being cooped up like that is no fun, for sure. Do you have any prospects for finding a different job, something that would allow you to be a little more active?

rgshrs said...

Sounds like a bad day. Any chance of finding a different kind of job? here's hoping tomorrow is a better day for you, wish I had something better to give you.

Anonymous said...

Ick.That is no fun, and I have been there. I'm so sorry you're going through that. Hang in there.
What kinds of things are you looking to do?
-Elizabeth

Kylie's momma said...

Life's too short! Unless the money is fantastic I say at least look for something that makes you happier. But again it might just be a bad day? So don't rush into anything. But it doesn't hurt too look :-) Hang in there! I wish I had a job I completley LOVED and wanted to go to everday! Do they really exist?

leo said...

sometime there come a day where we all feel that way no matter how great the job use to be. unless if its persist, u should do something about it. if its not, here's wishing the blues go away. peace.