Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Happy Administrative Professionals Day!


*Update
On Friday the boss came to me and asked "Do you know that this is Administrative Professionals Week?" Well I wanted to slap him up side the forhead and say "Well DUH!" but I constrained myself and gave him what I hoped was a nice polite smile and then he said "pick a place ANYPLACE and I will treat you to lunch...(pause) How about Boston's" Me: "Oh, I thought you said anyplace I wanted...anyplace in the WORLD?" He laughed..."just think it over and let me know..." Then he goes into a meeting for an hour or so...comes out "Have you picked a place yet" Me: "well how about the RED PEPPER? or maybe Pizza? We could order in...have it delivered" Boss: "Well what about BOSTON'S?" ME "Well I'd really like something a little spicy today" Boss "What about Boston's?" ME: "Ok, I'll think about it...." Time goes by...I'm getting REALLY hungry...the boss is still in his meeting...finally comes out and announces that he is taking me to Boston's and is bringing our guest visitor and a few other coworkers along...ME: "whatever I'm just hungry lets go" At Bostons I had HOT WING PIZZA!!! OMG It was soooo good! So I got my spicy pizza fix and the boss got Boston's...back at the office he gave me a card and some crazed looking figurine from Halmark...I know I should forgive him and forget that he forgot and then tried pathetically to redeme himself but geesh this thing (whatever it is) scares me...now it sits on my desk (where else could I put it?) a constant reminder that my boss is CLUELESS...I just have to laugh about it....


To all the office workers out there, I hope you have had a wonderful day!!! Today I realized something new - hubs and I aare both celebrating being Administrative Professionals since he is now a commanders exec...so today when neither of our bosses acknowledged us we could sympathise with each other ;)

3 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

I'm sorry your bosses forgot to acknowledge your day! Happy Administrative Professionals Day from me! It isn't the same thing, but it's the best I can do!

leo said...

Happy Every Day to you! Thanks a lot for visiting me and saying hi. I've been out from the www for quite sometime and now trying to catch up with my blog friends. You have a good weekend ahead.

rgshrs said...

Sorry your bosses took you both for granted today. At least you both know how hard you work and can appreciate each other! Hope you have a happy day! :)