Friday, April 18, 2008



A Moment of Silence please.....


It was a sad day in the greenhouse today...the tomatoes...which I have watched grow over the past 6 weeks...from mere tiny seeds and were over 2 feet tall and thriving...have now met their demise...somehow in the night the power must have surged and blown a fuse...the powere outlet is dead and so are my babies...I think I am still in shock...please please please do not say "You can plant more" I know...hubs has already told me that...its not the same...these were my first...they were special...and they were litterally vaporized by the cold...it dipped into the 20s last night...I can't think of a single reason to like the cold anymore...


as a bit of therapy, Jaiden and I spent the latter afternoon re-planting strawberry plants...hubs had moved them into a new bed the other day and they were a bit high up in the air as he'd just taken them, root and all and put them on top of the new bed...so Jaiden and I painstakingly dug holes and planted them, covered them up snug as a bug and then J babe gave them...and herself a really good soaking...we were quite mucky when we were done but it was very refreshing to dig back into the dirt again and feel and see life emerging from the tiny budlets of the strawberries...we are due for more cold weather next week...this afternoon was warm enough for a tshirt...crazy weather! I guess that must explain my variance in mood...below freezing to over 100 in one day (temp in the greenhouse)...who or what could possibly adapt to that? I was just IN the greenhouse yesterday afternoon and the temps read 98 degrees...it felt sooo good! My babies were thriving...life was good for them...yet another reminder of how delicate the balance between life and death...

2 comments:

prechrswife said...

Oh, no! What a time for a power outage... :-(

rgshrs said...

I'm sorry. :(