Thursday, April 17, 2008

the ride of life...

Here we go again...my life is a roller coaster....I should have known on Tuesday that the slowly escalading joy was the up up up prior to the down down down...Wednesday was a dreary rainy morning...and so my mood followed suit....I can't explain it...I wanted my Mom to cook me some good ole Chicken and Dumplings and make everything all better again...I asked her for the recipe but I don't kow if I can recreate them the way she does them...hers are the very best

towards midday the sun came out...but my energy was steadly decreasing...I went out with the kids and TRIED to enjoy the afternoon sun...I tried to get joy from just being in the greenhouse...but it wouldn't come...I didn't want to play...Jared couldn't coax me into it that time...I didn't want to eat...hubs made dinner which I passed on for a cup of hot blueberry tea w/honey...my throat was scratchy and raw too that didn't help...after dinner I played a quick game of penguin pileup...can't remember the name of it but he did most of the dice rolling himself...went to bed early and read...I'm reading For All Their Lives by Fern Michaels (good read so far)...

Today is a much better day I think...although the temps are BELOW FREEZING...I didn't even check on the plants in the greenhouse today...part of me just doesn't want to know if they survived or not...I'm so sick of this weather....I just want to sit outside without being cold...without wearing a jacket and being cold...so tired of being cold

I hope everyone is having a great day, sorry to be so boring and blah today...it will get better...I just wish that my mood and energy levels didn't depend upon the weather

Since I'm the bearer of the blahs today I will share something that is always a hit - my momma's recipe for chicken and dumplins...in a little note she wrote me yesterday :) Enjoy!

"Hi - Sorry you don't feel so good - when I feel a sore throat coming on I grab an aspirin - maybe a good bowl ful of chicken & dumplins might do you good - They're real easy to make - just getting them stiff enough is the secret - but I have my big bowl of flour - make a hole in the center & use a cup of water - that's all - of course I use self rising flour - & stir it till you get enough flour worked into a big ball then knead it with your hands till it gets stiff & smooth - no gobs of flour on the bottom-then put some flour on the cabinet ; I like to use freezer paper to roll it on - & roll it as thin as you can get it - then cut it in strips & put them in the rolling hot juice - season with pepper & most of the time 2 or 3 bullion cubes - when it gets done I put just a little milk in it - RLs mama told me that - & I like them that way - Good Luck - if they're not pretty the first time try again "

BE THANKFUL
Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire. If you did, what would there be to look forward to?
Be thankful when you don't know something, for it gives you the opportunity to learn.
Be thankful for the difficult times. During those times you grow.
Be thankful for your limitations, because they give you opportunities for improvement.
Be thankful for your mistakes. They will teach you valuable lessons.
Be thankful when you're tired and weary, because it means you've made a difference.
It's easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are also thankful for the setbacks.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles, and they can become your blessings.

1 comment:

prechrswife said...

Sorry you're having a down day... BTW, we made chicken and dumplings a couple of days ago--very yummy. Let us know how they turn out. :-)