Friday, October 17, 2008

Nights in Rodanthe

I have a date with hubs to go to a late night movie tonight...nights in Rodanthe. I am a sucker for romance so I am very excited to see this movie. I just watched "Because I said So" last week and loved it....Have you seen any good movies lately?

**** Rating: 4 Stars - I would love to give it a 5 rating but I didn't think Richard Gere was a very convincing choice for his part. The house, the beach, the horses, the crab fest, dancing on the boarwalk...I could so live there. This is a movie I could watch again and again. I love the sea glass curtain, the glass chandaliers and candlesticks...it was all very me. That is how I would love my house to look. Lots of character and personality. This was a tear jerker but because Gere wasn't a very convincing actor I didn't tear up until the little girl said "Mom?......momma?" That did me in. What can I say, I am a big softie....this is a great movie. ****Review update....I did some research on the movie...I am a research nut...and found out that maybe I should have not done any research and just loved the movie version of the house....because I found out that this is a real house and it is rentable...but the inside is not the inside that you see in the movie. They actually filmed the interior shots at a different location...the inside of this house is very modern...and boring. I am very disappointed....the interior of the house on the movie is what made the house come alive and gave it character. The only thing it really has in common with the movie is that it really does have plumbing problems...and has been condemned.

No comments: