Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Christmas in October

Yesterday when the UPS man drove up to my house I got that jittery feeling I used to get when I woke up on Christmas morning...Presents! Well, in this case it was my first AVON shipment arriving....close enough to Christmas for me. Jaiden and I had a grand old time opening up the boxes and sorting out the goodies. She of course dove right into the lip balms and started putting them into a tiny little purse that is just her size. My new crocs arrived (see photo below) they are soooo warm and snuggly (I am wearing them now with my jammas and I wore them right away when I got them to run to the store) LOVE EM!

We have lots of smellies and pretties to try out and sort. There were two customers this order so not too overwhelming. I felt like Santa filling the sacks. It was so much fun. There are so many new things coming out this next quarter to try....I must pace myself. I will do occasional product reviews too so stay tuned for the fun new things yet to come. Oh, I did try the wintermint lip balm today...its soo creamy and has a nice light mint tast to it. Very nice. Almost makes me look forward to winter....almost. Which will last for about a minute once the snow flies....which has not happened yet Praise God! This year we are getting an extended long fall, and I am LOVING it. There are still green leaves on some of the trees, although the rains this weekend and the wind is starting to make the leaves that were yellow last week start to fall...so the trees are starting to look a bit naked with a carpet of gold below them....the kind of leaves that make you want to scoop them up and toss them into the air...except that they are too wet to toss, and its a bit too nippy out to enjoy being outdoors. It actually got into the 30s yesterday. Brrrr...not ready for that for sure.

Let me know if you'd like me to send you any samples. I am pretty well stocked now and if I don't have it, I can get it. Just let me know. Have a beautiful day!


ooooh guess who's the new face of Avon...He helped create his new signature scent Unscripted
Hint: He plays the actor McDreamy on some big hospital drama show...any idea who this guy could be??? $5 coupon good for any sized Avon order goes to the first person to answer correctly.

4 comments:

rgshrs said...

OOOH! I Know! Patrick Demsy and can I just add that this particular photo is definitely McDreamy? LOL.
I love that you are doing AVON! I can't wait to get home and check out your site better;) Oh and please mail me a catalog! I'll email you later with home address if you don't already have it. ;)

rgshrs said...

PS and I am absolutely sure I didn't spell his name right! LOL WHERE ARE MY GLASSES??! haha!

Anonymous said...

Well, I was clueless as to the actor mentioned in your post--yes, REALLY! But, I agree with you that I hope Fall sticks around a LOT longer. Always seems like it is the shortest of the four seasons...winter seems the LONGEST!

Sorry it is so cold out your way already...we are still warm enough that jackets aren't yet needed...just mildly cool... perfect temperatures in my opinion!

Kim said...

Monica, don't you remember the movie "Can't buy me love?" He played a nerd trying to get a date...ha he has grown up well ;)

Congratulations Heather for your correct answer...but it is Dempsey...close enough though in my opinion. Thanks for taking the time from your busy trip northward to drop in on me and play in my contest. I will have to think up some more contest, this one was fun. I need all the support I can get :) Thanks Ya'll!