Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!



I am running late, gotta go get ready for work - Cody is feeling much better today. It was a 24 hour bug.

Happy Halloweeeeeen! I will get photos posted later but not sure when since it will get busy in just a few moments and then not slow down till the kids are in bed tonight...after injesting a pound of candy like that is going to happen. It will be an all nighter....not that I am going to let them injest a pound of candy...but somehow one piece turns into another...and then another....

Have a spooktacular day! What's your plans for Halloween?
OK - here's the update on our day: At around 1:30 PM I started getting hallucinations...seeing bright fuzzy lights and blurry, unfocused vison, didn't have a headache though so I popped a couple Migraine pills and hoped like heck it would pass...around 2pm the pain felt like my eyeballs were about to explode...so I took off work and made it home feeling very nauseus...and annoyed...who has time for a migraine on HALLOWEEN!!!
I crashed for a bit and felt better when the kiddos headed out at 6pm to go trick or treating so I tagged along. Couldn't miss the fun of Jaiden's first real trick or treating! She was into it for all of about 5 minutes as you can see from the photo of her running down a driveway with her Dad. After about half a block both were asking when they could go home. It was a gorgeous night, the sky was full of stars and the fresh air felt nice and not too cold. I could have walked the entire neighborhood but I'm glad they were ready to go home because by the time I made it home I had a splitting headache. We got the kids into jammies and they didn't eat but a few pieces so far, that stash is going to last for a while I think. I had just eaten some dark chocolate when the migraine hit me...my mom is ALLERGIC to chocolate...I am hoping that this doesn't mean that I will soon follow suit...I can't imagine a life without CHOCOLATE!




"That is going to go straight to my hips!"

4 comments:

rgshrs said...

OMGOODNESS! The look on Jaiden's face as she is checking out that candy is PRICELESS! I love it. We were bad this year, we kind of skipped out on the real trick or treating and just took Julia to the ZOO where they had some stations set up for candy (enough for her:)and took her on the haunted train ride. She is still asking to go back on the train! She says she scared the "monsters" LOL!! Looks like Jaiden had lots of fun, she is too cute in her costume!!

prechrswife said...

Goodness--what a stash! I agree that the look on Jaiden's face is priceless. :-) She makes an adorable little cheerleader.

rgshrs said...

AWESOME slide show! Sorry you were dealing with a migraine! Hope it's not the chocolate! I refuse to even contemplate that as a reason for mine! ;)

AmyO said...

She's looking at that candy very seriously!