Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I've been TAGGED!




















Thanks Dusty! I feel so loved :) You are always here to make me feel better and today I really needed it. The weather has turned gloomy and cold and this nasty pinched nerve just won't go away...You are an awesomest friend! And I can SOOOO relate to your comment of being from NE Louisiana and being asked if that were in cajin country or New Orleans. I get that ALL THE TIME too...people out there that haven't ever been to Louisiana...there is other parts to that state (other than New Orleans) and no its not all swamp land either.

Ok here's the rules:

1. Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog

2. Share 7 random or weird facts about yourself

3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your posts, and include links to their blogs

4. Let each person know that they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Okie, Dokie lets see what I can thinks up....

1. I really don't like to be alone, although I seem to be a loner, I've always felt comfortable in a crowd even when I don't know anyone; I love meeting people but I don't always have a lot to say so I have been labled as "quiet" I don't think I am quiet; I just don't like to talk out loud.

2. I love to cook but I hate to clean...so the latter usually prevents the former from being a very interesting experience. When I cook I tend to be quite messy...like last night when I made some apple turnovers...needing to use up those yummy apples that God gave us this year I chose to try a new recipe I found online...the crust came from the freezer department and the apples were simple to peel, slice and chop - the kiddos helped which made it really fun but tripping over each other in the kitchen made it a bit messy too...sticky syrupy apple filling was all over the counters when I was done...but the turnovers were excellent!

3. I tend to choose fun over functional...which is totally opposite from my very conservative husband but somehow he has managed to love me through 15+ years of lifes challenges. He's the best person I have ever met and always willing to lend a hand, and he loves building things...I tend to love to "find" things...so I guess I am the artistic, optimistic always looking for that rainbow in the storm...sometimes to the frustration of my loving husband that is trying to put the umbrella over me to keep me safe and dry.

4. I want to make a difference in the world. I don't know how and I often find myself wondering what my purpose on Earth must be....sometimes I feel so alone and afraid that when I am gone I would not have made any difference at all. I tend to be a bit extravagant, never wanting to do anything halfway...I dream big and want big things to happen and get frustrated when they don't happen overnight...my patience level is puny. I really need help working on that.

5. I want to be a giver. I love to nurture and provide comfort. I think that would be the greatest job in the world to be able to provide to others and bring them joy through the little acts of kindness that I might be able to provide...but I don't have a very good sense of self motivation and so the empowerment is missing...I tend to not make very good choices on my own so I tend to look for outside leadership and I need to work on finding positive sources of leadership in which to follow....

6. I am really glad there is only two more to go because I am feeling very exposed....I like to write...obviously

7. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to adopt a sibling group someday...but I am soooo frustrated right now because the MN laws require that both parents attend a two day training class during the weekday and the closest class is 2 hours away. The logistics of this is making me crazy. If we lived anywhere but here I could call upon friends or family to come stay with the kids but here we do not know anyone and we can't leave the kids alone for two whole days on their own. Our closest relative is 3 hours away...and won't come all this way all alone....in MN there are only about 2 classes a year on our side of the state...most are held in the cities which is 5 hours away. It would be just as easy to go 5 hours away as it would 2...getting away for that long is going to be the issue to overcome. There is a class next month but Scott can't go because it is also a long weekend and if he goes he will have to take 5 days of leave and he is trying to save his leave so he can retire in March...so please pray for us ya'll that we find our direction because sometimes it feels like we're just spinning in a circle and getting nowhere.

Ok, well there you go...that was 7 very random and often times weird facts about me. Now I tag:

1. Heather - my cyber friend that's been with me through a LOT and hope to someday get the chance to meet in person, especially now that she lives in Florida ;) But I would have liked meeting her in Texas too!

2. Nicole - over at QuickStartMyHeart I love her blog, her family and she's the sweetest friend...I think we may be long lost sisters because we have a lot of things in common. We may not be blood kin but she will always be a sister of mine; we are joined together by the bond of our Tonguu girls.

3. Krissie - my real life friend :) We have known each other since meeting at a scrappin party at Becca's house in 2001. She followed us to Germany...will she find her way to us in Grand Forks too??? That would be totally awesome. :) She has such a wonderful family and lives life to its fullest praising God every step of the way.

4. Barbara over at Candy Hearts and Paper Flowers is a Grand Forks blogger and she has the most creative ideas for just about anything. She is so very helpful and nice too.

5. Leo from Confession of a thirty something. I love reading her blog, she is very nice and I feel like I take a mini vacation to another world every time I visit her blog.

6. Amy my newest blogger friend and the only blogger I know in Minnesota. I don't know you all that well yet but I hope to meet you and your family someday.

7. I don't know any more bloggers that haven't been tagged yet so if you are reading this and you have not been tagged, consider yourself tagged!

Hope you've enjoyed todays TAGATHON :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate cleaning AND COOKING, too!

Too bad I don't hate EATING!!! LOL
The apple turnovers sound like they were yummy!

Anonymous said...

"4. I want to make a difference in the world. I don't know how and I often find myself wondering what my purpose on Earth must be....sometimes I feel so alone and afraid that when I am gone I would not have made any difference at all." I can really relate to your post, and I felt so much like you a few months ago. I went searching and found something incredible. You might want to take a look to see if it effects you and your family the same way it has effected us. Visit www.MyTrivani.com/Judy and let me know if it touches your heart also.

Barbara said...

I'm glad Jared liked it... I was very hesitant to post it... cause of the clicking and stuff... I need a better mic! I'll come up with a few things and post... Thanks for the tag :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for visiting Gram's blog yesterday and taking time to leave a comment! She was so excited to see that there were people actually reading her blog! She was thrilled with the comments that were left! Thanks for dropping in on her! She is really excited about blogging!