Thursday, November 20, 2008

Racking up the sick days...

Today is yet another sick day at home. Got lots done at work yesterday to catch up but the daycare called at around 3:50 to tell me that Jaiden's fever was back up to 103 again so we are hanging out at home today fighting off the germies. I ache all over so I think I will spend some time in bed myself to try to ward it off...that and a steady diet of alkaselzer cold medicine should help. If I do not blog again before Turkey day I want to wish you all a very special holiday with all the ones that you love.

In honor of sick days and the prevention thereof I am including todays list of 7 winter foods rich in antitoxidants

1. Artichoke Hearts (I've never had these; what do they taste like and how do you eat them?)
2. Beans (Beans, beans good for your heart...)
3. Cranberries (craisins are a household fave and I LOVE cranberry sause)
4. Pecans (does Pe-can pie count?)
5. Prunes (Love em or hate em so I've heard...I love them, they are yummy!)
6. Apples (Sweet and not too crisp is my favorite...I hate biting into and apple and having it feel like I just bit into a sweet rock)
7. Cloves (aaah simmering on the stovetop, brings the memory of sweet traditions)

What is YOUR favorite tradition for the holidays? I am so looking forward to my Mamma's home cooking; sweet potatoe pie, cornbread dressing, fried deer steak, home grown corn on the cob...so much to be Thankful for :)

2 comments:

prechrswife said...

Sorry Jaiden is still under the weather and that you aren't feeling well, either. Get well soon!

As for Thanksgiving traditions, we are still building them as a family. We usually go to Chet's mom's, and will be doing that again this year. I love watching the girls on holidays. That is really a lot of fun. :-)

rgshrs said...

Hope Jaiden is feeling better by the time you head out for your trip. Will be thinking of you all.