Saturday, November 8, 2008

"a bit of snow"

As per Jared's observation this morning, we got "a bit of snow" last night A light dusting - not the blizzard that the weatherpeeps were hoping for/expecting to come our way. So its not quite a white winter wonderland outside but it is pretty darn cold and the wind is blowing so that makes it feel all the more chill. Good day to stay indoors - hubs is still here; he was going to go visit family with the kids last night and take our excess "stuff" to his brothers storage shed but the trailer lights weren't working so plans were thwarted at the last moment and I am not all alone this weekend after all...which is nice :) I plan on cleaning and pulling out holiday decor to set up for my open house being held next weekend. I am hoping this will "kick start" the business and get it going since I am buying waaaaaay more than I am selling and at this rate I will have to get another part time job to pay for this one....hopefully not. Someone out there has to love Avon just as much as me...hopefully more ;)
Just brought out a few boxes of holiday lights and you'd think by that smile it was the happiest day of his life - I LOVE that smile! He is such a sweet kid he said to me tonight "Mom, our house is looking so awesome!" I soooo love you Bear! (our house is a total disaster right now because I have been building gift baskets all day and there is stuff everywhere) He went out and shoveled the snow this morning, while his dad was gone, all by himself; he even asked if he COULD shovel...like it was some sorta treat to do so. He's one great fella! We are so very blessed and thankful beyond all measure for this sweet boy.
this is our doggie Chloe...getting the traditional antler donnage on decorating day. Sorry sweetie, its a tradition in this household.


Here's the gals of the house wearing our traditional santa caps :)

4 comments:

prechrswife said...

Glad to hear you missed the blizzard! I guess I need to get off of the computer and back to my own house cleaning...

rgshrs said...

you are really blessed with that boy! (all your kids, but you know that;) His smile would light up any room!
Love the hats! Have fun decorating, I've been trying to figure out in my head where everything is going to go, thinking about setting up next weekend so that it's done before we go to Ohio and I won't have to rush to do it when we get back! ;)

prechrswife said...

Looks like you're having a great time--well, maybe everyone but Chloe. :-) Enjoy your decorating.

leo said...

hi, sorry it took me so long to get here. i can see that everyone is already in the holiday mood with deco and all. so much fun!!good luck wt the open hse. peace to you n family.