Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Top 10 things to LOVE about winter...

Thanks for the inspiration! Thanks to my bloggie friends, my list is now growing!

In an effort to promote positive thinking and sway away from this negative vibe I've been giving off lately...I am going to try to come up with 10 things that are great advantages about being winter....I may need some help from ya'll with this...inputs are appreciated :)

  1. No mosquitoes...at first I said no bugs...but I kinda like butterflies so had to reword a bit
  2. Hoarfrost...is it really called this??? When the trees look like they have sprouted feathers?
  3. oh oh here's a good one...CHOCOLATE doesn't melt :) I'd forgotten how fast it melts until I bought about 10lbs for my father (in November) and he asked me to take it to his house...it nearly melted into a puddle during the 10 min drive because I was not about to turn on the a/c when it was only 85 degrees out! :)
  4. fireplaces...yes I've ALWAYS loved watching logs crackle and pop but do we have a fireplace? You would think that would be a prerequisit to building a home in the north...or anyplace further north than Missouri...but NOOOOO we don't have a fireplace
  5. Homeade HOT COCOA when you come in from a good run on the snow covered hills...mmmm with lots of little marshmallows on top
  6. Christmas is in winter...I wish it would last all year...the feeling of goodness and joy...sharing a smile with every stranger you meet

Ok to be totally Honest...I can't come up with much...am I becoming a negative person or am I already there??? I can think of a lot more negatives...

  1. lower gas mileage...when its cold we get about 10 miles per gallon...CHA CHING!
  2. corrosive damage to the underbelly of vehicles from the salt on the road
  3. sick days go round and round
  4. paleness
  5. overweightness from lack of exercise
  6. negative thinking is bad for your health...I am going to go get ready for work now

Sorry that I don't have anything fun to talk about this week....Hope you have a nice day! Thanks for visiting :)

4 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

how about... fire in the fireplace, since it doesn't make much sense to do that in the summer.

I don't know. I'm stuck, too. I pretty much can't stand winter.

Kylie's momma said...

Oh but I love a good excuse to cozy up in my sweats and a sweatshirt, read a good book under a blankie, GOOD hot chocolate, HOT tubbing...way better in the winter :-) And vacations. I know I can't travel in the summer 'cuz of my job so winter means a vacation and sun and a beach wahooo! Hang in there...summer is coming all be it Slooooowly! It's sprinkling here and cool today too! :-( Just when we thought it was warming up?!

prechrswife said...

"No mosquitoes" is definitely a plus. Hope you've had a great day today! (And hopefully this comment will go through this time. Blogger is being difficult...)

Anonymous said...

the hot chocolate is SOOOO delish! Plus, there are lots of yummy soups you can make. I can give you a plentiful list of summer negatives. Since it is 93 degrees here today, I'll give you just a few. (BTW, that is not me bragging, that is me saying that it is only May 7 and it is ALREADY 93!!!!!)
1. Burning the top layer of skin off the backs of my thighs when getting into my car.
2. My make-up melted right off my face. The extra make-up melted in the car.
3. Walking from the train station to my office induced a sweat requiring a change of clothes
4. Alligators (hey, you asked)
5. Hurricanes
6. The only food cold enough on a 105 degree day is italian ice - and only if you eat it before it melts and manage to avoid brain freeze.

That's all I've got - and who am I kidding? I wouldn't trade hot summers for brutal winters. Does southwest fly out of your area? It sounds like you need a Florida break!