Monday, May 5, 2008

Frustration....

As I sit here and blog in bare feet...I was just out walking the yard...examining my dilapidated new plantings which yesterday brought me such joy....Menards garden center must have seen me coming because they had all the carts of pretty flowers on display...so I just had to bring home a few...I planted marigolds around the strawberries...because I've heard that the smell will repel rabbits...and something has been chewing my tulips off to nubs....I planted impatiens in a shady corner...because it looked so dark and dreary...and they were just adorable...candy cane stripes of red and white, purple and white...sigh...they are gone...poof! I checked on them this morning before work...the temps were in the 20s...they looked pretty frosty...but still standing erect...I poured cool water over the brocoli that I planted in the garden...then I was going to water down the other plants but the water hose was frozen solid...so I left them...hoping the sun would not damage them...it turned out to be a gorgeous day...this afternoon feels almost summertimish...enough so that I could walk the lawn in bare feet anyway...the wind is still a bit chilly...but its too darn cold to plant flowers...that is my joy...my passion...planting flowers...outside...my house is already starting to look a bit like a jungle...there is not enough space to put anything else...I need to plant outside...but the weather has been nothing less than a tease and a torture...good day bad day good day bad day on and on and on and on and on and on....you get the drift....its getting old...its gotten old...its been past old and back again lots and lots of times...I know I should not complain about something so trivial as the weather...the weather is taking lives in much warmer places than this...I am very grateful that my family is healthy and very much alive...the kids still love to go outside and enjoy the sunshine...Jaiden loves the "jumpaline" Jared is loving soccer...he made another goal in game 2 on Saturday!!! YAY JARED! He almost made several but they bounced off the pole...he is doing really good and we are sooo proud of him. Its good to see him starting to settle in here and interacting with the other boys. We are hoping he will eventually make a friend and stop staying in his room so much....maybe get outside and be a boy. Its been too cold to ride 4wheelers much so we are looking for optional entertainment that allows outside time too...not coming up with much quite yet...Jared and Jaiden had such a good time out "helping" plant the new flowers yesterday...they took turns spraying the flowers with the water hose "gun" It was actually warm enough that they entertained the thought of wetting themselves...which plan I quickly thwarted much to their dismay...Jaiden has a tummy ache today...when I picked her up she just came to me and let me hold her (something very unusual) she is normally in my lap for maybe 10 seconds tops and then is wigglin and scootin out of my arms and onward to her next adventurer...today she has been wanting to cuddle...after dropping Cody at work we came in and I told hubs "I don't think Jaiden is feeling very well" We put her up on the counter while I got her a spoonful of pepto...it went down ok...she seemed to not mind...but it and whatever she had for lunch came right back a minute later...so she spent the next part of the afternoon soaking in the tub. She seems to be feeling much more like herself again so hopefully whatever it was has passed...she's still cuddly and I don't mind that a bit :) Its nice to feel needed every once in a while...sometimes it seems like she is growing up in fast forward...she is so independent and I hear a lot of "I do it" lots and lots of "NO!" and "MINE!" ...gotta love those twos :)

...Oh and another thing happened today at work while I was preparing my travel orders for a training workshop I am attending in June...(to Kansas City)the travel agent said "Grand Forks? You know I didn't even know where in the world Grand Forks was until ya'll got all that snow the other day" ...Great! We are now world reknown because of our snow in April...THAT makes me feel so much better

Hope this finds everyone well...thanks for listening to my rambles...I know this too shall pass...just having a "moment" and needed to vent...

Ya'll have a wonderful week!!!!

3 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

Just sending along a hug, Kim. Late winters... first year in a new home... it's a tough time.

rgshrs said...

you're getting the "MINE" have you also gotten the "But I WANT that" yet??! Two's indeed! Good thing they are so darn cute at this stage too! LOL ;) We are having a rainy stormy week here, kid you not the lightening that hit this morning around 4:30 in the AM mind you, was close enough that my hair stood on end and you better believe woke us ALL up! Going to be long day here, lack of sleep all the way around!!

Way to go Jared!! Glad he's really getting into the soccer!!

Hugs for a better week and may summer come soon for all of us!!

prechrswife said...

Glad to hear from you, even if you are having more yucky weather. Come on, Spring!

Congratulations to Jared!

I hope Jaiden is feeling better. Mary Joyce had something similar last week. It is tough to see our active girls feeling miserable.