Thursday, May 1, 2008

Jared's First Soccer Game

Some things will never change...tonight Jared had his first soccer game...the one scheduled for Saturday was snowed out...so we bundled up and head to the field...Jared has been dreaming of this moment his entire lifetime...well of course the coach sets him out for the most of the beginning of the game...guess someone has to sit out but it sure seems like he was taken out a lot more than the other kids...but that is not the rotten part...Jared finally got a chance to play...YAY!!!...he played hard and never left the ball...he was all over it...as close as he could get anyway...there were some really big kids on the other team...the kid he had to play defense on was a whole head taller than him...anyway Jared convinced the coach to let him kick...I GOT IT ALL ON VIDEO!!!! the kick only went about a breath away from him...but he kicked it again...and he chased it all the way...through the mob of crows (that is the red team) and when he got his chance...HE KICKED IT IN!!!! He SCORED the teams second goal!!!! I am sooooo PROUD of him! He rocked it and played his little heart out....I am sitting on the opposite side with Jaiden and Cody...Dad is sitting on the home team side so he is standing by the teamates that remark "I can't believe JARED made that!" ooooh man if I had been on that side of the field and heard them say that about my bear...I would have given them little men a good piece of my mind....Grrrr...It still makes me mad to think about it....and all the more reason to be proud that he played his very best and can say HE made a goal when they try to bully him into thinking that he isn't a good enough player....Grrrr! Why are kids so cruel???

I have posted the video to his blog...it didn't come out so great but he is the tiny white dot kinda sorta in the middle

2 comments:

prechrswife said...

Way to go, Jared! Can't wait to see the video. :-)

rgshrs said...

Good for him for showing them!!! YAY JARED!!! :)