Saturday, May 17, 2008

I LOVE the 80's :)

There are so many things to love about the 80's...but that is not what this post is all about. It actually reached 80 degrees yesterday! Woo Hoo!!!! I almost couldn't believe it - it FELT LIKE SUMMER :) It was GLORIOUS....gorgeous....splendid....awesome....inspirational (I actually left my office and picked up the office supplies that I have been procrastinating for months) also moved stuff from my desk to a corner cube because next week we are getting paint and new carpet at work....so it will be a demo zone for about a week or more...that will make life interesting I'm sure

We went to Menards again last night and purchased some more plant material - annuals, perrenials, tomato cages...bug spray...the WORKS...or at least as much as would fit into a small trunk of a small car. We will go back today after soccer to get mulch and stuff...

It's starting to look like SPRING!!! Ok, yeah in my mind it is way past time to be SUMMER but hey I take what I get...albeit not happily at times :) the trees are starting to bud out and some actually have leaves, the tulips have made quite a show...mine have no stem, just flower...its very interesting looking indeed! There is asparagus coming up in the garden - YUM! I usually break off the little fingers and munch on them as I am watering...I have lettuce sprouts coming up in the garden and the brocolli that I planted is still alive...its not really doing anything yet but its not dead so maybe it will come along. The strawberries are starting to get their first white blossoms...the hostas are peeping their fat fingers up through the earth...I am going to try to plant a butterfly garden this year...that is my project for the weekend...along with planting lots of pots of various stuff...some I have never seen before so it will be an experiment. I found this really cool plant "smelly coleus" it is supposed to keep dogs, rabbits and other varmits out of the garden...now I am wishing I had bought two because I can't decide if I want to put it in the garden to keep the bunnies at bay or by the mailbox to keep the varmit doggies from leaving their "treasures" in our yard...

And on more deeper rooted thoughts....I am back to the dream world of possibly facilitating a move to Texas this summer...but not Dallas...I REALLY have always wanted to return to San Antonio...I've applied for some jobs there....please pray that if this is God's will for our lives then He will open those doors for us...I am having a really tough time here and it has been rough on the entire family to deal with my constant mood swings...I know you are supposed to just make the best of what life gives you but sometimes you have to make the best of life...I really want to find that "happy place" here...I am trying...but I feel so alone here...I want to live my life, not just survive it...I am really torn as to what to do...part of me wants to try to make it work for another two years here and yet part of me says that two years from now is going to be too much...

3 comments:

prechrswife said...

It sounds like you are in for a busy weekend. I have to say that I admire anyone that can grow anything. I like having pretty flowers in the yard, but I have no green thumb. Thankfully, the church people here planted some pretty, low-maintenance stuff in the flower bed, so it looks nice, and I don't have to really do anything except water occasionally and pull the occasional weed.

We'll be praying about a possible move for you. God always knows when the time is right, whether we do or not. BTDT on some level. at least, although it didn't involve the land of endless winter.

Kylie's momma said...

Well glad you're enjoying the warm weather...sending more your way :-)Happy planting and thinking and pondering about a move south. So what about hubs's committment to the service? Or is he done?

leo said...

i love how deep is ur love by bee gees in your playlist. am gonna u tube that now. hv a great weekend.