Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Movie Reviews

Its been a fairly quiet week, getting back into the rhythm of our very uneventful life so not much to talk about...just wanted to share that we are really enjoying the "early" Christmas gift of the big screen that hubs got just a week ago. It was installed the day we left for Arkansas so we didn't get to enjoy it as a family until we got home last Sunday. The first movie we watched was Shrek III - and I must say....WOW! I am not much of a tv watcher but the colors on the High Def really pop and its almost like having our own personal theater in our den.

The next movie we watched was Night at the Museum...and I must say this is the first Ben Stiller movie that I have actually liked...in fact I really like this movie. It was a very good family movie. Jared and I were both a bit frightened at first when "Rex" was unleashed but after that it got pretty funny....definitely recommend it.

After that we watched IRON MAN. I've always been a fan of Robert Downey Jr since the bratpak days of yore...I am happy to see that he cleans up well and I'm hoping that his drug induced days are a thing of the past. Watching the movie right before bedtime was not a very smart move...I felt like I was flying for about an hour afterwards and it was nearly impossible to sleep so the next day I was exhausted. It was a great movie and if you are able to see it on a big screen with blue ray it is a truly awesome experience. Thanks to my Mom for that gift, it was a BIG hit! *My Mom bought the movie, not the TV - the TV is getting paid off over the next 3 years thanks to Best Buys 0% interest deal...couldn't pass that up!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

How funny...we just got a bigscreen t.v. as well (this is just really scary!!). This was Ryan's gift to himself. I was not that crazy about it at first, but after we had HD connected - I love it. The picture is awsome!! We never have to go to the movie theatre again!!

Kim said...

Nicole - my thoughts exactly ;) since our movie theater parking lot is usually packed it sure beats walking 2 blocks in the snow and ice...not to mention the 40mph freezing winds to get to a movie

I love High Def! Never thought I would actually enjoy watching tv...

prechrswife said...

Shhh...don't tell Chet that Scott and Ryan both have new TV's. :-) We want one, but we have kids' rooms to furnish first.