Thursday, August 28, 2008

Meet the teacher night

Last night (Wednesday) was meet and greet with the teacher night at Jared's school. I'll call her Mrs. T...her name is Scandanavian and I know I would butcher it if I try to spell it...or pronounce it. She is very sweet, boy the teachers seem to be getting younger every year though...makes me feel REALLY old....I remember my 2nd grade teacher and I thought she was OLD but thinking back she was probably younger than I am now...YIKES I just hope that Mrs T. has lots and lots of patience because Jared is certainly going to need it. He is very active and has a difficult time focusing on one thing for long.

One of Jared's classmates happens to be a little boy that lives right across the street from us but they haven't had much opportunity to get to know each other well so I am hoping that they can strike up a friendship this year. It would be great if Jared had a friend close by to play with. They will ride the bus home together too, last year for some reason they were on different buses even though we live on the same street. They were on separate soccer teams too, and practiced on separate sides of town...so now finally they are going to be in the same dimension together. They could have been great friends all along (they both LOVE baseball) who knows why things are they way they are...

I remember when we moved to Missouri and Cody started 3rd grade he used to talk about the little boy that sat beside him in class, they struck up a great friendship and it turned out that the little boy lived just a quarter mile down the road from us! OMG now I really feel like time has spun completely out of whack...Cody started 3rd grade the year we moved...and got blessed with Jared...and now he's starting 2nd grade. In just a couple more weeks we celebrate our second year of having Jaiden in our lives... Wow, how time flies!

Thanks for every inspirational idea for the kitchen! I love everyones comments and while I don't have many collections of anything anymore...just some Breyer horses with broken legs and tails that are packed away...I have a hodge podge of Polish pottery that I may could use...I'll have to give it some thought and try various tactics...I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

I'd love to see pics of the pottery even if you decide not to use it :)

Hopefully he and Jared can become friends, life was always easier when I had a friend my age that lived close instead of trekking across town when it was convenient for our parents... Remember when we were young and could just knock on the door of someone you didn't know and just say "Hi, want to come play outside with me?" It doesn't work as easily as an adult :)

prechrswife said...

It really will be nice if Jared and this little boy hit it off. Our nephew has had a good friend right across the street (although I think he just moved), and that has been great for both boys, even when they weren't in the same class at school.

Kim said...

Barbara - I will try to find a photo of all the pottery I had gathered together when I first got home from my trip to Poland...over $800 worth and nothing matched...I was in such trouble ;) Hubs likes things to matchy match

I totally agree with you that it was so much easier to make friends as a kid...I remember a time when a girl came over and wanted to play and she brought bubble yum gum...instant BFF I wish it were so easy nowadays

Dusty - Hi and yes I hope Jared hits it off with the boy next door too. He is so lonely and its so sad that he sits alone for hours watching tv or playing video games. I am such a rotten mother for letting him but I don't know what else to do. He needs social interaction with someone his age.

Barbara said...

Tamy (she comments on my blog often) has a collection of polish pottery as well. I think it is gorgeous, even if it doesn't match :) My hubby likes things matchy matchy too ;) I have him convinced it's not the way to go for everything now... Thankfully, since we'll be replacing family room furniture soon.

I have a nephew Jared's age but here on the ND side. Which doesn't help the close factor...