Friday, August 29, 2008

Friday pics

This shot is for Barb, some of my pottery is stashed in the cabinet so I snapped a shot of it to give a general idea of what patterns there are. Lots of blue..which doesn't quite mingle with the earthy tones but there are lots of golden yellows and reds too. I also have the Tuscany set of dishware from Walmart. Please excuse the messy cabinet...I know I need to organize it better.

Cody getting ready to leave for his last day at work and me sporting my new perm

JBabe at germs r us


Tonight was Cody's last day of work. He hopes to find a "busier" job somewhere because he had it so easy working at Home of Economy...for a first job it was a bit on the easy scale and yes he needs to learn about actually earning his dollar but he was there almost a year and has saved up enough to put a very large down payment on a vehicle...so we have been truck shopping. We had it narrowed down to two older Fords but hubs and I couldn't agree so we are giving it a break for a while until we find something that we both agree on.

After our truck search Jaiden asked in such a sweet voice, and in a complete sentence "Daddy may we go to McDonald's please?" How could we say no to that? So we hung out at Micky D's for a while and I have to say it is the nastiest place I've been to in a LONG LONG time. For one the floors when we walked in were sticky from the door to the counter and all the way into the kids zone. As I stood in line and then tried to move I felt like I was glued to the floor...GROSS! The service was slow as molasses in mid February...it took me half an hour to get a tea. The food is not all that special...especially after eating at Culvers for lunch today (the best burgers in America) The kids had a lot of fun playing in the germ magnet station which probably hasn't ever been cleaned since it was built...we washed and washed and washed again when we got home. Jaiden already has a nasty cold...guess all of the kids in town will have it now. Sorry! They need to disenfect that place hourly...it was totally nasty. There is not a great selection of places to take the kids in this town and that one has got to be one of the worst. So next time even if she asks in her sweetest of sweet voices, we have to be strong and stay away from that dump...ugh!


3 comments:

Barbara said...

I LOVE the pottery, but I see what you mean about the blues. The creams and reds would work though. Wondering what the large bowls look like inside, those are big enough that they would display nicely. And you can look at something you love often, which is a bonus in my book. Can't find the Tuscany dishes online.

How did Cody's last day go? And your hair looks great!

Playland is gross but a life saver in the winter here when kids need to burn off some energy and it's too cold to play outside.

ABrushWithHumor said...

Like the new perm and YES - stay away from that Mickey D's! With all the bugs going around today it's just not worth it!
Nothinglikeit

prechrswife said...

Yuck on the Mickey D's playground! We let Mary Joyce play at Chik-fil-a today, but it seemed much cleaner than the one you are describing.

The pottery is beautiful. Like the perm, and good luck on the truck shopping. (We've been car shopping ourselves this week.)