Sunday, August 31, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

I will roll this post into one so it may get kinda long...

Where is a good place to go camping around here? I love to camp and would love to take the kids on a weekend by the lake....before the weather gets too cold. I found a place online near Bemidji...it looks promising so maybe on a weekend when I do not wait until Sat morning to make inquiries...because they came back and said they had a cabin available...but since we spent the day out running around town didn't get the message. Oh well, maybe next time...

The morning started out cool (sweatshirt weather) I took care of winterizing my pots and planting tools while Scott worked on putting vinyl trim on the bottom of the house where there had been wood..and it was getting pretty rotten (yet another issue we have with this house)

I hitched up the Princess cart to my bike and took the J babes for a ride to the store. There was a really strong wind out of the south so we had it pretty easy on the way there but the last portion of the trip heading home was like peddling against a wall. Our street was like a wind tunnel with a steady 40mph wind.

After that we went browsing around Scheels. The kids played a little putt putt golf in the golf club section and then we hit Best Buy (they love us) after which we head off to the Pita Pit for gyros. The Jbabes don't do gyros so luckily there was a McDs next door...oh not again you say? Well this one blew the east side mcd's away hands down! I new from the minute I walked in the door...and didn't stick to the floor, to the fast friendly service and the CLEAN smell in the air that if we ever want to try the play center again this will be where we go.

It was getting late so we headed home and just chilled and watched movies for the remainder of the evening. Rush Hour 3 was really good. The other movie was a teen flick that is not worth mentioning or maybe I should so that no one would make the mistake of watching it...it was shockingly horrible and I can't believe that movie theaters actually allowed it to be shown in a public theater...it was really really bad. Its been a while since I've seen a movie in a theater, and I usually watch comedy or romance...this was an attempt to get inside the mind of my teenage son...ewwww - if that is any clue then every teen boys mind needs to be scrubbed with soap.

No comments: