Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sunrise and a promise

Yesterday as I arrived at work and was pulling into my parking spot I witnessed a sight I had never seen before...sunrise with a rainbow right beside the sun. It was so beautiful. I have been having a very emotional week so of course this brought me to tears. It was as if God was saying to me "This is not the end, but a beginning to something amazing"

This winter has been especially harsh in more ways than one. We are still uncertain what our future holds and as Scott's retirement date draws ever closer I am getting more and more stressed about finding a job and getting us out of here.

I have been applying for every administrative job I can find but haven't had any success yet. Still praying that perfect job that is meant to be opens up or is one that I've applied for and I will get "the call"

Todays weather forecast:
A powerful storm system continued to move out across the northern plains early this Thursday morning. The most significant snows will be south of the Interstate 94 / U.S. Highway 10 corridor of southeast North Dakota and west central Minnesota. Snow will be heavy at times, with total accumulations from 5 to 12 inches expected in southeast North Dakota into west central Minnesota by this evening, with the highest amounts close to the North and South Dakota border where over 1 foot is possible. Dangerous wind chills from 25 to 30 below are also expected for northeast North Dakota and northwest Minnesota today and tonight. Northerly winds will increase through the day, with blowing and drifting snow expected in the Red River Valley.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you find the job you want soon...but, in the meantime, I think the Florida vacation is a great idea! It will be a wonderful mother-daughter time!

Have fun!!!!

rgshrs said...

that weather forecast is not nice at all, BUT I love the promise you saw in the sunrise. TRUST THAT. I know the perfect job, location and everything will come together. Keep searching and hang in there. And in the mean time keep thinking of the Florida trip and getting to see us!! You and Jaiden are going to have so much fun!

Kim said...

It was -20 this morning when I got to work...and a few minutes later I got "the call" from ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) in SAN ANTONIO!!! I have been dreaming, hoping, PRAYING for this for YEARS and YEARS. The Florida trip couldn't have come at a better time, and it opened my mind and thoughts to a possible move and I found a perfect job there too...so now I am torn...TEXAS or Florida? It is amazing! Just a few days ago, I was about to die from desperation to get out of here and I said a prayer to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE show me a way...anything, a crumb, a nibble, anything...and now I have not one pie but two to choose from...the feast is on! God is AWESOME! I was thinking of a poem just this morning on the way to work...I will share it...but I have only finished the first two and a half lines.