Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Snap out of it already

Ok so its been 7 days since I first felt the burning throat and the first tinges of the crud coming on but for golly jeesh after a LONG weekend of nothing but meds and rest you would think that I would have gotten over it by now. I felt better yesterday and returned to work only to start coughing and wheezing again so I am on yet another sick day today...wondering if I am not just 99.9% mentally insane....I do not like being sick and normally a cold doesn't slow me down but this one has floored me. Quite literally to the point where I just stay curled in bed for hours at a time in a comatose state of mind. There is absolutely nothing wrong with me, there is no reason at all for the funk that I am in. It is so annoying, to myself, to everyone around me...I just need to snap out of it already.

4 comments:

prechrswife said...

Is it a cold or the flu? That sounds like how I feel when I've got the flu. It is pretty miserable. Last time I had it, I was teaching preschool and tried to go back to work too soon. I was miserable, and my boss said go home and she would find me a sub for the rest of the week. Sorry for the tangent, but it does sound similar. Hope you are feeling much better VERY soon!

Kim said...

I've been treating this for flu but just tired of being tired all the time and run down...and there is yet another virus going around at work now too...a stomach flu which I haven't had yet...so me and my weak immunity will probably not be able to fight that one off either. I apologize for being crabby...I feel like a grouchy bear, I just wanted to make note of this because I like to reread my past symptoms and feelings to compare them at times when things like this hits me

prechrswife said...

Oh, no! I hope you can avoid the stomach thing. That's about the only thing worse than the flu--just miserable. Don't worry about being crabby--you're sick. Just take care of yourself and get to feeling better! :-)

rgshrs said...

I hope you feel better soon! It seems illnesses (cold,flu, viruses) are just really hanging onto people this year. My brother is on his 3rd treatment of antibiotics and no better yet:( Prayers are with you girl.