Thursday, January 1, 2009

Tell me WHY...



Now tell me...do these look like the faces of criminals to you? They even came wrapped in the smell of sweetness and baby powder...
But now check out the bondage that they had to been unleashed from before they could be given the much deserved hugs and cuddles that they require




Now tell me...what child age 2 and up other than baby hudini himself can unleash these sweet babes from their packaging??? Nada...it takes Mom and Dad and some pliers and much perserverence to get the multiple layers of bondage from around their sweet little necks and feet...this is just wrong. Wrong I tell you. These kids are under tighter security than most national prisons. Why??? Why are these toys being subjected to such unjust and cruel punishment...not to mention the cruelty to parents that have to release them from their prisons before they can truly become a gift worthy of giving.

7 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

Hysterical! You had me at "check out the bondage." BwwwaaaaHaHaHa!

audrey said...

Too funny! Dave and I have often wondered the same thing...it makes the kids so frustrated when they wait and wait for us to release their presents. Karissa was very upset over the amount of time it took me to free her Cabbage Patch doll.

Jonathan and Michelle said...

I tell you, next year I'm taking every toy out of it's box and making sure everything has batterys and is put together before Christmas morning. I spent more time doing that than anything else. ARG!! (-;

Anonymous said...

It IS amazing how tightly secured and overly packaged all toys seem to be these days! I always take all the securing straps, etc off the toys and install batteries, etc, then stick them back in the box loose before wrapping it and putting it under the tree. That simplifies Christmas morning immensely!

rgshrs said...

LOL! We were wondering the same thing Christmas morning! I mean REALLY is all that necessary?! I think not.

leo said...

LOL. I'm sure its a kill joy for the kids having to wait so long for their present to be unwrap. Maybe the manufacturer think it as treasures waiting to be discovered ... after all the hard work of unwrapping it :))
Happy New Year!

prechrswife said...

LOL! We had very similar thoughts on Christmas morning. :-)