Thursday, July 17, 2008

In a nutshell

Hi there!
Our mini vacation to Texas went very well. The two days were very thereputic. We arrived home around four thirty am on Tues morning...back to the grindstone again on Wednesday.

A little sunburned (still) and its been 4 days already. I put sunscreen on the kids and forgot to put it on me. I hate to get sunburned, especially on my very sensitive back so its been pins and needles...and lots of aloe for the past few days. Jaiden is my #1 aloe applier. Her tiny little hands are very gentle as she tenderly spreads the aloe over my fried skin. Not that I'll ever try to get sunburned again but she has been a great big help to get through this.

We took a trip to "the house" that we found online and actually walked around the lot a bit. It sits on 3 acres so we didn't cover the entire perimeter (Jaiden was napping in the car) I got that "feeling" like we were "there" ...you know the feeling you get when you find a place that says welcome home. It is pretty small...just under 2000 sq feet...but we are thinking long term...like 50 years from now when the kids are all grown up. We don't need a huge house to maintain...and I am already visualizing a garage/shop with an apartment over it built out back for Cody when he goes off to college...It is still under construction so we are hoping that no one makes an offer before we are in the position to move on it. There are lots of other houses just like this one...but this one has 3 acres of trees which is a rare find in Texas.

We also went to Market Square downtown San Antonio. It was as vivid and festive as always. I could spend days just walking through those shops.

Sunday was Schlitterbahn day...and the day I got fried...its still the hottest coolest place in Texas and we had a great day soaking in the sun and toobing. Being back there brought back all kinds of happy memories that I am so glad I had the opportunity to share with the younger children that had never been to Texas. Even Jaiden agreed that Texas was "warm" :) The 'heat' didn't phase her a bit. That's my girl!

4 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

San Antonio is one of the husband's favorite places. So glad y'all had a great time.

prechrswife said...

Sounds like you had a great trip. I've always wanted to visit San Antonio, so if y'all land there, it looks like we'll have a good excuse. :-) As for the sunscreen/sunburn thing, I did exactly the same thing when we went to the 4th of July parade--both girls had sunscreen, but I forgot myself and ended up with fried shoulders.

leo said...

sounds like a beautiful place. hope u'll get it.

rgshrs said...

So glad you had a great time (despite the burn, I've so done that before, ouch) wish we had't been busy last weekend but did make over 500 on the yard sale! So I guess it was good I stuck with it and especially good I got rid of the stuff since our weight came in at 11240 and we are only allowed 11000!! YIKES! Can't imagine what it would have been with all of the stuff we did get rid of!

I know exactly what you mean about "that" feeling like "THE place" even as we turned onto 98 crossing into Navarre we both had that feeling, and I never thought I would live in Florida let alone retire there! I hope we get the chance to! And I hope you get your dream too!!! YOU DESERVE IT!!! And all this time in TX and I haven't visited SA either, so we'll have to visit each other. ;)

Been thinking of you!!