Monday, July 7, 2008

Coco cream puffs

While trying to avoid an auto accident this morning I was rear ended by an F350 pickup truck...

I'd just dropped Cody off at work and Jaiden and I were headed home...it was drizzling rain so when the turn light turned yellow I was indescicive about whether to go for it or wait it out...I chose to err on the side of caution and wait it out so I stopped and a moment later WHAM! I feel a bump...what the heck? I look in the rear view mirror to see a monster truck right on my bumper (quite literally) see him backing up and then turn around to do damage control...ask Jaiden if she is ok....she is ok....doesn't seem to realize anything out of the ordinary happened. We wait out the light and then turn into DQ across the street. The guy was very apologetic, asked if I was ok, gave me a copy of his insurance card and number. We decided not to get the police involved...my vehicle got two puncture wounds in the bumper from his front tow hooks...his truck caught the brunt of the damages from our tow bar...left quite a dent.

So in its defense, my Mountaineer held up like a champ. If we had been in our car I'd hate to have seen what that truck might have done to us...but then again

I think our guardian angel may have a new dent in his halo.

4 comments:

rgshrs said...

Wow. Glad you were all right! And no serious damage done to your vehicle. So much for caution huh?

prechrswife said...

Glad you are okay. It sounds like you were in the right vehicle, for sure.

a Tonggu Momma said...

So glad to hear that you and Jaiden are okay! Auto accidents are never fun. Do you feel any after-effects (like soreness or whiplash)?

Steffie B. said...

so glad you are ok....that can be quite scary. ;)