Monday, July 28, 2008

Back to School Sales and Barbeques

this was a fab weekend...we actually got out TWICE...which is a rare thing for us...Fri we went to a bbq hosted by a coworker of mine and Sat was a birthday party for one of Scott's coworkers children...then on Sunday I hit the mall and the back to school sales :) I was good and held back though, I'm saving up for the even bigger savings of shopping in Minnesota...our local mall is on the North Dakota side and we don't have anything on the East so it makes shopping for clothing not so great since Minnesota has no clothing tax...so I usually wait to go to St Cloud for any big ticket items...like back to school clothing. I think now that we are staying I am going to lobby for a mall on the East side of the river...like I have any say in anything but hey it wouldn't hurt to oil those wheels...if I "squeek" about it for the next several years that we're here then I figure they might actually break ground about the time we leave...I guess now I have to go out and find those parkas and winter boots that I was hoping to never see again...

PLUS....big news! We now have a new kitty!!! While at the mall yesterday we stopped at the pet store and found a cutie little black and white kitty...convincing dad was like pulling teeth but we did it and brought the little fella home! He's a sweety and lies on his back in our arms for a belly rub and he loves Chloe! I think they will get along just great once Chloe figures out that she has much sharper nails than Jak does and plays nice. Right now we have to moderate their play time together...Jared just ADORES him too and has pretty much claimed him as his own...but Cody and Jaiden love him too so I don't think Jak will ever be hurting for attention.

2 comments:

rgshrs said...

Sounds like a busy weekend at your place! Good luck with the shopping! I'm pretty much tapped out with getting Princess J's bedroom set and paint for the whole house this month! LOL ;) Going to be busy for awhile here!

prechrswife said...

Okay, so when do we get to see pictures of the new kitty? :-)