Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Please Pray


My cousin Shelly goes into surgery today for her second round of cancer. This time it is in her liver and they are monitoring two other spots elsewhere. Please keep her lifted high in prayer. My heart goes out to her, if you can afford to give to this fight, please do, Cancer sucks and no one should ever have to go through this.

My Aunt Angie(my Mom's baby sister) wrote this:

You know what should never happen....

You should never have to spend Mother's day in a hospital watching your daughter recover from the second surgery from cancer. It is bad enough to watch her body be scarred from numerous surgeries from a two year fight against breast cancer. That is bad enough. Then just when we think we are at the end of that fight and can finally see clear skies we get the other bombshell. Two days after she was told she was cancer free, the dr. called and said he needed to do more testing because there was a spot in the liver he needed to check out further. After several weeks of testing, here we are in another battle for her life. It is cancer. She will have surgery on Wednesday and will very likely still be in the hospital on Mother's Day.
I know some of you have stories much more traumatic and certainly more heroic than this one. This one just happens to hit home to me. I am asking for two things in this letter. One, the most important to me is prayer. I am trusting in God to give us strength once again to fight this battle and win. Second, I'm asking for donations for our cause. We are on a mission to stamp out cancer in this generation. We believe with more research we can accomplish this. Shelly and I will be walking the Susan G. Koeman 3-day walk in Dallas in November. We have to raise $2300.00 before we can walk in that race. My personal goal is $6000.00 All the money will go to research.
Now is an excellent time to donate. If you have someone you'd like to give in memory of or in honor of you can list their name on the website. Please give now so no more mothers will spend their honored day in hospitals with this deadly disease.
Please support me in the fight to end Breast Cancer. Just follow the link. Together we can hold each other up and make a difference in our world.


Love to all,
Angie

1 comment:

a Tonggu Momma said...

Kim, as someone who lost a friend and almost lost a mother to breast cancer, I quite definitely said a prayer for her today. I wish I could hug you right now.