Sunday, April 17, 2011

Random Thoughts...

Well Hello...I see its been a long time since I have visited my blog or posted an update.  I have been sucked into the world of facebook and my thoughts are scattered randomly and then get deleted at the end of the day..or send in to facebook cyberspace...its kinda neat to reflect back and ponder over thoughts I put down a year ago.  So much has been happening lately that I have not had much chance to write...which I suppose beats not having anything to talk about I guess.

We had a potluck and egg hunt today after church.  Our new church is about hmmm 100 steps or so from our property line and is the smallest church I have ever been in but it proclaims to have the biggest HEART in Texas, and after today I have to agree it is true.  The sweetest bunch of people you will ever meet and such a kind, loving and generous spirit very reflective of our Lord Jesus Christ.  We are very blessed that God led us to where we are and are amazed by every new day. 

Anyway, it was a most excellent day at church today.  Our church family puts on a good feast and the egg hunt was just incredible.  There were eggs and Easter goodies all over the church lawn...had to have been hundreds of little plastic eggs and other treats.  Jaiden even got a new stuffed bunny which made her ever so happy.  She isn't into dolls much but loves loves loves stuffed animals.  Jared came back with an overloaded basket and a big big smile on his face.  But Easter is not all about the eggs or the candy and as Ms. Christy taught so well in Children's moment today, it is about the gift of life that Christ our Lord gave to us by sacrificing His own body and giving His own life's blood on that cross so that we might not suffer death but live eterally with Him in heaven.  God is so good to us that all we have to do is believe and accept this precious gift and we will be saved.  Even when satan beats us down, if we ask Jesus will save us from the world that is persecuting us....and the world is chock full of persecutions

The wind is howling out and we had wildfires going out of control on Friday so the firemen are on alert to the sound of  yet another fire call.  We got .44 inches of rain 2 weeks ago but its just so very dry that we need a good week of soaking rain....and a break from all this wind.  I know God hears us when we pray, so we continue to lift up our prayers and know that He will keep us in His care and not let us go.

And we get ready for another work week to start.  Another week of sitting at a desk and wondering what I am really doing with my life...as I near the big 4-0 I am pondering more and more what I should be doing and thinking more and more that life should really be more than a paycheck for putting in 40 hours at a desk each week.  The threat of a furlough last week really got me to thinking hard about the government and how it manages our tax dollars and its personnel.  I really don't dislike my job, I am very grateful to God for allowing me the chance to work and have the benefits that come along with it.  I am not here of my own accord but by the GRACE OF GOD.  As I hear the reports of EGF flooding and getting yet another 7 inches of snow, I can only thank God all the more for what he has given us.  His abundant love is evident in every breath we take.  We are so very blessed. 

2 comments:

lynette355 said...

I know it is hard to know where has your life gone....and that you feel so young inside yet wonder how you grew up into a mother & wife. But your are so successful. In the care of your family and home. Also in the way you love those around you....your church family, the community you adopted and the friends you so carefully cultivate. A job is sometimes necessary to provide for the real life you lead.

Kim said...

Thank You Lenore! I appreciate you. You are always so very inspirational and uplifting to me. May God Bless You Always