Wednesday, June 10, 2009

What a week!

I am still on cloud 9 after the past week...it has been truly AMAZING!!!

God is Cheering for Youby Max Lucado
If your God is Mighty enough to ignite the sun, could it be that He is mighty enough to light your path?
God is for you. Not “may be,” not “has been,” not “was,” not “would be,” but “God is!” He is for you. Today. At this hour. At this minute. As you read this sentence. No need to wait in line or come back tomorrow. He is with you. He could not be closer than he is at this second. His loyalty won’t increase if you are better nor lessen if you are worse. He is for you.
God is for you. Turn to the sidelines; that’s God cheering your run. Look past the finish line; that’s God applauding your steps. Listen for him in the bleachers, shouting your name. Too tired to continue? He’ll carry you. Too discouraged to fight? He’s picking you up. God is for you.
God is for you. Had he a calendar, your birthday would be circled. If he drove a car, your name would be on his bumper. If there’s a tree in heaven, he’s carved your name in the bark. We know he has a tattoo, and we know what it says. “I have written your name on my hand,” he declares (Isa. 49:16).

I still don't know where to begin without starting from the beginning of the story and telling how every step and every broken road has lead me to this new beginning...just where God wants me to be.

Quick synopsis: I applied months ago for a job at Lake Proctor, TX (deep in the HEART of TEXAS) small town, deep rooted community...very mayberry (once in a lifetime opportunity)

The same EXACT day that I got my hope crushed completely by a job that I didn't get in Austin I received a call for an interview for this job...the job I knew in my heart the moment I read the job description was "THE BIG ONE" the one that I couldn't possibly qualify for...had I not come to Grand Forks and spent the last two years here...as Administrative Support Assistant....to say it has all fallen into place would be such a massive understatement. The speed at which I am leaving is astonishing...God willing, I will be leaving Grand Forks on Independence weekend and my first day of work will be 6 July...my birthday...a good day for a new beginning...don't ya think?

My mind and heart have been just overflowing with dreams and hope now...Its a major whirlwind and sometimes I feel like I am going to float away! I can see so many happy memories being made in my head...and its all due to the awesome grace of God. I didn't think I could survive these past two years...somedays were just survival and I wondered if I would make it to the light...but God's grace got me through the darkness and now...now there is such JOY! I can't contain it all...I want to explode and my cup indeed runneth over. God is GOOD! All THANKS and PRAISE be to God!

3 comments:

audrey said...

I am so very, very happy for you! :o)

a Tonggu Momma said...

Wonderful, wonderful news!

prechrswife said...

I'm still thrilled for you! How's the packing going?