Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Update

I haven't updated my blog in a while so I am going to try to catch up quik....before I forget. Its been crazy busy at work getting travel authorizations prepared for lots of travels for the spring flood event, training...etc...plus the gazillion and one other things that I do at any given moment.

Friday morning I got to work and it was -20 degrees, after the emotional week I'd had this was appropriate. A few minutes later I got a call from ICE Immigration and Custom Enforcement in San Antonio saying that I had a job interview at 10...could I make it? Uh..no not in person...I am in NORTH DAKOTA...so I asked if I could do a phone interview...she had to go ask...yes I could do the interview at 10. It went well...the job is Mission Support in property management...I do that..so now I am just waiting for a call back to let me know something...it could be two weeks before I know. This job in Texas is what I have been praying for many many years now.

Meanwhile...I have this spur of the moment trip to Florida to plan for ;) A break from the chaos of my life is just what I need right now...this crab needs to get to the beach quick! But there is a catch....I found a job in Florida....in St Augustine. It is a secretary job...same pay as I am making now...no excessive challenges, just taking care of a boss....sounds great after the two years of wearing a bazillion hats....but the Mission Support job in Texas is also a huge promotion...and its in TEXAS...so why am I now considering Florida as an option? I would have never even thought of Florida before last week....I asked for a window out of here and it seems that God has given me two doors...now which one do I choose? I am hoping to do some soul searching beach walking while in Florida to clear my head and hopefull that the answer will come to me.

3 comments:

prechrswife said...

Praying that God will open the right door and close the wrong one. :-)

rgshrs said...

Praying you find peace and answers! :)

Kim said...

I could just hug you both! I would not have survived the winters here without my two dear friends Dusty and Heather. Every time I rant and rave about something they always are there to say a prayer to help me make it through whatever happens to be bothering me at the moment. They have been my earth angels, keeping me grounded through the storms. They've been here to laugh with me, cry with me, keeping up with my crazy day to day life better than my closest relatives do.

It seems surreal that during the worst crisis of my life God sent the opportunity to travel to Florida where I will see them both. Whether I make it to the beach or Disney is not as important as spending time with my dear friends.

Thank You so much for your friendship over these past years...during the times when I have felt the most alone and afraid you have always been right by my side(figuratively)...and just a click away...(in reality)

I hope you know that I consider your friendship a gift from God. Thank you so much for all your support and encouragement!